Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 18: Engine Bugfix and Completed Map Display

For Day 18, I divided my effort among several features of the mapeditor.

First, I worked on displaying the map. Then I wrote the code that eliminate drawing the majority of maps on the object, making sure that it only got drawn on the proportion of the screen. This has lead to engine code cleanup.

Next, I worked on integrating the map stamp into the engine's camera. There I have to fix a few bugs relating to the synchronization of the objects. I also have to write code for objects that does not inherit the Character class so that the map stamp can work.

Lastly, I worked on implementing the frame rate for debugging and performance analysis purpose.

12 more days to go than my 4 hours experiment will be completed.

No comments: