Friday, June 13, 2008

RubyWeekend Hour 4: Brainless merging, Pirate Creativity, more Brainless Merging



New clean artwork are created for the pirate player character. Then I implemented code for moving this character. You can move up, down, right, left, and also move diagonally. Moving diagonally is hard because you need precise timing. However, I don't really care because it is a minor and unnoticeable blunder to the vague game play I have in mind.

Next, I set to work on working on the mapengine, creating the mapengine class.

The CopyPirate(the name of the game) is really a merger of two game, Twisted Shootout and SpaceFighterAce, and some pirate creativity that I have to do. Thanks to the experiences and the codebase I worked on over the year, I can really be lazy in this contest.

No comments: