Sunday, June 3, 2007

Day One: SSH Woes



Physical LOC by end of Sunday UTC time: 105 LOC (SLOCCount)

Languages: Ruby 100%

Commits: 15 times, average is about 31.11 minutes between every commits since the start of the project.

Milestone: Project is finally set up. Slash-screen is coded.

I only managed to get as far as setting up the slash-screen for the game and then ending at the incomplete task to generating a simple YAML file to create new games. It is not my most productive day.

The most annoying aspect of this unproductive hacking session is having to enter the pass-phrase to authenticate my identity every single time I want to commit. It is not really freakish annoying, but annoying enough for me to risk it all for just one hour or two to get rid of that pass-phrase forever. Due to habit, I have the tendency to wait for the commit to happen, when in fact, a pass-phrase is blocking the commit until I answered it. I learned my lesson about SSH key generation. Just don't specify a pass-phrase or you'll be forced later to enter it forever and forever until you finally change the key.

That's lesson number one already.

In any case, I have six more days ahead of me. Let hope the next day will be far more productive and will yield more changes than yesterday.

Happy hacking,

Kiba

If you have any comment what so ever, contact me

If you have any comment what so ever, contact me at wikipediankiba___AT__++_gamil.com
You can also post a comment to this blog post.

No comments: