Saturday, January 31, 2009

Halfway through the Job

The no-fluff graphical engine for ruby-warrior is for all practical purpose, finished. It can load the maps, captives, sludge, and other monsters I didn't think of. Pretty cool.

I am just playing or rather, programming my AI to play the game to ensure that I didn't miss anything. It will be interesting to see if I can get the codebase merged back into the original game itself.

All that is left is the bonus programming that I will do. Two week is twice the estimation of this project. This is good. It is better to overestimate the difficulty and duration of a project rather than underestimate them.

My first patron is excellent. He gave me some good advice on how to manage a project and he paid me half for getting the project halfway. When the project is done, he will pay up the rest.

Now all I need is to do some bonus programming for the rest of the duration of the job and polishes them up.

I could probably promote the game at the end of this project and make some extra cash in the form of ads space. Not sure if it is a good idea to do it. Maybe it is tacky and unethical? I did create the graphical front end for it so I can probably promote my graphical front end.

No comments: